Only Local Purchases!
Svetlana Akhmedbekova, director of Industrial Department for Kazakhstan Content of JSC National Agency for Local Content Development NADLoC, answers the following questions for Petroleum.
- What is the dynamics of the purchases of goods, works and services (GWS) by subsoil users in the mining and oil and gas industry from the Kazakhstan producers for the past year?
- Monitoring of the Kazakhstan content in the purchases by the companies-subsoil users is made according to Resolution of the government of the Republic of Kazakhstan of September 20, 2010 ? 965 «On the approval of the forms and rules for drawing up and submitting the annual medium-term and long-term programs for the purchases of goods, works and services, the subsoil users’ reports on the acquired goods, works and services, and obligations under the Kazakhstan content in personnel».
Information on the Kazakhstan content in the mining industry is submitted by subsoil users to the Ministry of Industry and New Technologies; in the oil and gas industry – to the Ministry of Oil and Gas on a quarterly basis till 15 of the month following the accounting period.
According to the 2010 results, the total purchases of goods, works and services by subsoil users in the mining and oil and gas industries worth KZT2793.4 billion, including from the Kazakhstan producers – KZT1789.4 billion. The share of the Kazakhstan GWS comprised 64.0 %.
Including the purchases of:
- goods – KZT654.3 billion, including of Kazakhstan origin worth KZT75.1 billion andof foreign origin – KZT579.2 billion. The share of Kazakhstan goods comprised 11.48 %;
- Works – KZT943.5 billion, including by Kazakhstan suppliers worth KZT749 billion and foreign suppliers – KZT194.5 billion. The share of Kazakhstan works comprised 79.4 %;
- Services – KZT1183.0 billion, including rendered by the Kazakhstan suppliers worth KZT965.2 billion and foreign suppliers – KZT217.8. The share of Kazakhstan services comprised 81.59 %.
It is necessary to note the improved discipline of submitting reports on acquired GWS. In 2010 the reports were submitted by 186 companies-subsoil users that is higher the same figure of 2009 by 2 times.
The purchases of goods in 2010 rose by 62 % compared with 2009 and came to KZT310.6 billion. It should be stressed also the increase in the Kazakhstan content in the purchases of goods in relative expression, which according to the 2010 results, is 13.4 % (in 2009 – 10.4 %).
The purchases of works in the mining sector by subsoil users came to KZT106.4 billion in 2010 that is higher the 2009 figure by 56 %. The share of the Kazakhstan content in the purchases of works has reduced in 2010 (in 2010 – 68.5 % and in 2009 – 91 %).
The volume of purchased services by subsoil users in the mining sector rose by 66.5 % in 2010 compared with 2009 and amounted to KZT232.8 billion. The share of the Kazakhstan content also showed an upward tendency which comprised 81.5 % in 2010(in 2009 – 71.1 %).