News 2020April 2020
The Largest oil producer in Kazakhstan Tengizchevroil (TCO) continues to work in normal mode after among the employees of one of the Contracting companies has been confirmed a new case of infection with coronavirus.
TCO announced last week that there will be less work on the expansion project and suspend the construction associated with the main activity to protect employees after identifying the first cases of coronavirus among employees of contracting companies. On Sunday, the company said that the State sanitary and epidemiological service continue to test those who may have had contact with sick people, and disinfect objects of the company. According to the authorities of the Atyrau region, where TCO, about 500 people employed by contractors of the oil company, on Monday morning, refused to go to work for fear of Contracting after was confirmed a new case of the disease.
They agreed to return to work on Wednesday after promises of the authorities to carry out urgent tests for coronavirus, said the press service of the mayor of region. TCO under the leadership of Chevron (NYSE:CVX) operates the giant Tengiz oil field and planned expansion of production, which is assumed to gradually increase oil production by 12 million tons from the current 29 million tons.
However, in April Tengizchevroil has undergone a major overhaul costing $300 million in the Tengiz field in 2021 given the strong decline in oil prices this year.
1.757 Kazakhstan confirmed cases of the coronavirus and reported 19 deaths. Until the end of April in the country closed all region and major cities.