The IPO of KazMunayGas will start in the second half of September. This was announced at a briefing on September 15 by the chairman of the board of Samruk-Kazyna, which owns 90.42% of KMG shares (the National Bank owns the remaining 9.58% of shares), Almasadam Satkaliyev.
According to Satkaliyev, the fund has developed a fairly balanced program, according to which the number of companies transferred to the competitive environment has been increased from 105 to 254. The corresponding program has been approved by the state holding's sole shareholder, the government.
“KazMunayGas is quite active: preparatory work is being carried out for an IPO on the local stock exchanges KASE and AIX. From the second half of September, we are already planning to hold Roadshows in the cities of Kazakhstan to ensure the involvement of the general population,” Satkaliyev said.